Effective Date: May 14, 2010
The Website is operated by NFL Properties LLC on behalf of or in conjunction with the National Football League and the other members of the NFL Family (as described in Section 4 below) ("we", "our", or "us"). We have contracted with third parties, including, without limitation, Orases Inc., to operate certain aspects of the Website on our behalf, such as: server and database maintenance.
NFL Properties LLC, through the National Football League ("NFL"), is a licensee of the TRUSTe Privacy Program. TRUSTe is an independent, organization whose mission is to build users’ trust and confidence in the Internet by promoting the use of fair information practices. We have agreed to disclose our information practices and have our privacy practices reviewed for compliance by TRUSTe. Please read the following to learn more about our data collection policies and practices.
At nflppk.com, competition organizers ("Host Organizers") can create and run NFL Punt, Pass and Kick (“PPK”)competitions in their local or regional communities and parents can learn about NFL PPK and how their kids can get involved in a PPK competition. It's all part of our effort to help kids learn more about and understand the greatest sport around football.
- Types Of Information That May Be Collected
- How Information May Be Collected
- How We Use The Information Collected
- With Whom The Information May Be Shared
- Links To Other Websites
- Chat Rooms, Forums, and Message Boards
- A Special Note For Parents Concerning Privacy
- Correcting/updating personal information
- Your California Privacy Rights
1. TYPES OF INFORMATION THAT MAY BE COLLECTED
The following are the types of information we may collect:
Information You Provide Us
In the course of using the Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain information, including contact information, such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, or fax number; unique identifiers, such as your user ID, or user password; demographic information, such as your gender and date of birth or age. We also ask you to provide personal information about children you are registering for a competition, including the child's name, address, age, gender, etc.
Website Usage Information
We may receive and store certain types of internet usage information whenever you visit the Website, such as your click-stream data and your IP address. See "IP Addresses and Click Stream Data" section below.
When you open emails from us, we may receive a confirmation notifying us that you opened the email, if your computer supports such capabilities. We also may keep track of what emails we send you and what emails you may be receiving from our subsidiaries and affiliates. Additionally, we keep a record of what communications you have selected to receive or not to receive. If you would like to opt-out of receiving such emails, please click on the "unsubscribe" link in the email and follow the instructions.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you (e.g., missing street number) from other sources and add it to your personal information.
2. HOW INFORMATION MAY BE COLLECTED
We may collect information from you in several different areas on the Website, including but not limited to those described below:
You may be asked to complete a registration form and provide personally identifiable information; you may also be asked to choose a user ID and password in order to take advantage of certain features the Website may choose to offer, such as newsletters or offers. Your decision to register is voluntary and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information to us and what communications you would like to receive; however, please be advised that many products and services available on the Website require registration and if you elect not to provide such information, you will not be able to take advantage of those products and services.
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We own the information collected on or through the Website. As applicable, the information you provide to us may be used to:
- contact you about the Website;
- provide you with services or information you have requested or products or services you have registered for or other products and services
- contact you relating to your membership status;
- monitor or improve the use of the Website;
- monitor compliance with our terms and conditions of use of the Website; and
- send you promotional material or special offers on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties.
4. WITH WHOM THE INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
At times, as described below, we may share your personal information with others
- Agents: We employ other businesses (e.g., Orases, Boxer and Stone), certain services and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. for various purposes. Examples of such functions include, sending e-mails, analysing website statistics and metrics, providing marketing assistance, and providing customer service. They may have access to personally identifiable information needed to perform their functions, but may not use or disclose it for other purposes, like sending you marketing offers about their products.
- Aggregate Information:We may share aggregate information, such as demographics and Website usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors or other organizations. When this type of information is shared, the other parties do not have access to your personally identifiable information.
- Business Transfers: In the event that all or substantially all of our assets are sold or transferred to another party, or another transaction occurs in which your personally identifiable information is one of the business assets transferred, all personally identifiable information that has been collected and saved may be one of the business assets we transfer. You will be notified of such a transfer in accordance with the "Changes to the Policy" section below.
- Administrative or Legal Process: We or others may disclose your personal information to third parties without notice to you in order to comply with applicable law, law enforcement agencies, to protect our or third parties' rights, or to protect the rights of other users of the Website.
5. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Website incorporates reasonable safeguards to protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy and privacy of the personal information that we may collect and we have put into place reasonable precautions to protect such information from loss, misuse and alteration. Your personally identifiable information is transferred to our computers utilizing encryption software. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to do their jobs are allowed access. Our security policies are reviewed periodically and revised as required.
7. CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS, AND MESSAGE BOARDS
Certain areas offered on the Website might display some of your child’s personal information publicly on the site, such as our Photo Gallery, League websites and tournament winner areas. We do not allow children to post these items themselves via any feature or page on our site. We will require parents to give proper written consent, through a participant waiver during the registration process of the applicable event or Leagues, to permit us to post any of these items.
8. A SPECIAL NOTE FOR PARENTS CONCERNING PRIVACY
10. CORRECTING/UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If your personally identifiable information changes (such as your email address or zip code), or if you no longer desire to have access to the Website, we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove the personal data you have provided to us. You may request that we do so by emailing us at email@example.com and requesting that the desired changes be made, or via mail at: NFL PPK c/o NFL Properties LLC, 280 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10017. We will respond to your request within twenty (20) business days.
11. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers NFL Properties that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to CAPrivacyRights@nfl.com or write us at CA Privacy Rights, NFL Digital Media Group, 280 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10017.
NFL PPK Program c/o NFL Properties LLC
280 Park Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10017